Monday, February 11, 2008

Friends~*

Friends~*
We're not in the 50's anymore. For instance-You can't even look at someone without them giving a dirty look back; no one really holds the door for you on your way into or out of a building anymore; no one really says 'excuse me' for bumping into you, and cutting in front of you at a line happens more frequently. What happened?? January 23rd, I had reconstructive wrist surgery to repair some ligaments. Ouch... yeah. Groggy and in pain, that Saturday I managed to make it to my English class. It's not easy working with one arm/ hand... naturally I was late and scurried into class, and sat in the back. I was embarrased, and breathing hard from rushing up the steps to the 3rd floor. Quietly, I tried with my one hand to get my things for class out of my backpack. A sweet voice arose in my ear...I heard, "Do you need help?" I looked up to see pretty eyes staring back at me. "No thank-you." But this sweet girl didn't leave it like that, for she knew I was struggling. Not only did she help me get my things out, but she was there for me all throughout class and after. I don't want to mention any names, but I believe that God has certain people in our path, I'm so happy that he put her in mine. You don't find people like this everyday. I haven't known her for a long time, but I consider us friends already. I hope we stay friends for a long, long time. Thank you very much for your hospitality- You know who you are!!!

1 comment:

erissa said...

That is so sweet! I hope you stay friends with her too. Your right about how people aren’t as nice anymore. I guess its because everyone has something going on with life that they don’t stop and acknowledge others. I hope you have a great Valentines Day!