Saturday, March 15, 2008

I'm Listening.

As far as being stressed out to the max---this last week has taught me to take one day at a time. My mother use to tell me, "Don't fret my love, take one day at a time." Okay Mom-sure-I was a teen-ager who thought I knew it all... I heard her, but didn't LISTEN. Now, I as a mother I'm looking back and wishing I listened. I am now though Mom. Take one day at a time, work on what you can-if you can't, do not stress out. God has a plan for you, and I'm a firm believer of that. It's funny-as I raise my daughter, I see more of my mother in me. I look back and say, "Oh my gosh, that is what my mom told me." When I thought she was oh-so-wrong.... she was right. She wasn't informing me not to do things to humor me, it was for my own good. Now, I try to instill a sense of my mothers words in my child; and I get the same " I hear you, but I'm not listening." - So I tell my daughter to repeat my words back to me... and tell me what they mean to her. Something that I've learned I need to do so she'll not just hear me, but listen. I know, this is a major part of 'growing up', and yet I wonder how many other individuals have hit this point; or do they need to be married or have child to realize these things...

1 comment:

Veronica :-) said...

You just have to be so thankful that you had a mother who cared enough to tell you the things you needed to hear. She made it a point to repeat herself because she did not want for you to be misinformed by another person. For you to do the same and even more with your own daughter is just you spreading your mothers wisdom. Nice topic.