Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Growing Old

Mood:Cheerful/ hopeful :0)

I was told something that made me think; and and kinda laugh. You're born and have to be cared for, diapers, feedings etc.... you live your life out and work for everything you have- when you get older, you have to be cared for, diapers feedings etc....-It's so true!
LOL I never thought of it this way! It's so true though! Just thought I'd share that with you all... it's crazy. When I was 21, I helped take care of my husband's Grandmother, well I guess you could call her my Grandmother to, though she'd call me his Ex-Girlfriend's name a few times- I would go visit her at the rest home, do her hair, feed her and make sure she was comfortable. It is a very, VERY distiguished smell in that place! However, a lot of the patients, or customers.. or.... well, they would wheel over to me and start telling me their whole story; cute, but long... were they just lonely? Looking for someone to talk to? It's so sad. When I was 14... for a few years my brother and I would go volunteer at the 'old folks home'... we'd take books and read them to the people, I don't know whether or not they liked it, some would just stare with a blank look on their face. They are so fragile- ready to be taken by the hands of God- skin and bones, pale almost see-through skin, and the look in their eyes of sadness- looked as if someone inside was screaming for help, or simply just to take them away. I hope, that I live to be a healthy age and please, GOD let me die peacefully at home, in my sleep. I don't want to put my family through seeing me like I've described above. I don't want them to have to tend to me, feed me, do my hair, dress me etc- I want them to remember me as talkative, cheerful, and full of life. As I am now.

No comments: