Tuesday, April 29, 2008

HERO

Mood: Content :0)

Who is your hero? I have several. My grandparents are my heros. I'm cajun/french- so I call my Grandfather (who is from Louisana) "Pompo". He is a retired police- officer and now a Magistrate Court Judge. I go watch him on the bench every so often. I'm very proud of him, and very proud to call him my Grandfather.
My Nana is my other hero. She calls me her doll. She calls me her 'beautiful girl'. I don't speak Spanish, but I can understand the jist of it. My Nana speaks to me in Spanish, and takes her time saying the words- I love it, I giggle in amusement as she keeps on.
My Mother, another hero- She is sick and has to be in a wheel-chair for long distance walking, such as the mall or grocery stores. Yet, she gets up every day, smiles and goes about her business, literally. She works very hard and at her own pace- she makes arts and crafts, and people sell them. It's nice for her, keeps her mind off her pain. She's wonderful.
My Dad- as a detention lieutenant, he appears tough to others, but is a huge teddy-bear. (shhh)
My Daughter- she is a tough 'lil cookie.
My husband, last but certainly not least, my hero. He is there for me all the times that I need him to be. He is my rock- Gives great advice or just listens and not says anything at all.
These are just to name a few. I have many, many heroes that light up my life, and are encouraging.

1 comment:

Cristina Devereaux Ramírez, Ph.D said...

Sarah, Where is your photostory posting? That should be you last post. Please post that asap.

Mrs. R